VkCoreVX™ SC is CoreAVI’s safety critical implementation of OpenVX™1.3, the Khronos’ OpenVX industry standard API that provides a feature set for implementing and deploying neural networks in safety critical environments. VkCoreVX SC is the backbone of CoreAVI’s artificial intelligence and computer vision platform for safe autonomy, providing APIs that enable the safe deployment of convolutional neural networks, supporting vector machines, gaussian filtering, optimal flow, and much more. VkCoreVX SC is built on top of CoreAVI’s safety critical Vulkan SC implementation, providing both graphics and compute capabilities within the same safety critical framework.
VkCoreVX SC’s computer vision subset provides algorithms for performing crucial pre-processing and post-processing tasks on the sensory data streams being analyzed. This collection of computer vision algorithms (edge detection, Sobel filters, optical flow, etc.) and neural network inferencing engines provide a true safety certifiable software stack that facilitates powerful computer vision executing on modern GPUs.
VkCoreVX SC computer vision subset:
- Gaussian Filtering
- Laplacian Pyramids
- Convolution Filters
- Median Filters
- Box filter
CoreAVI’s products can be combined into a safe autonomy software stack, which is built on top of CoreAVI’s safety critical Vulkan SC driver, enabling the foundation for safety critical GPU compute. This provides a flexible framework for computer vision and neural network inferencing, while achieving the most stringent levels of safety certification. CoreAVI offers the platform building blocks (including safety critical hardware designs, semiconductors, software drivers, compute libraries and tools) that enable AI system developers to deploy mission critical pre-trained neural networks as well as implement discreet machine learning algorithms (i.e. support vector machines, random forests) on real time operating systems and to conform to formal safety critical standards (RTCA DO-178C, EUROCAE ED 12C, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, and other functional safety standards).
CoreAVI’s safe autonomy software stack:
- Implements Deterministic Vulkan Compute
- The software building blocks are based on flexible GPU compute capabilities and written against a safety critical Vulkan compute API. The advantage of a platform that is written against a safety critical API is that runtime-state-management is deterministic, and no undefined behavior is present at the API level.
- Calculates Worst Case Execution Time
- CoreAVI’s patented Safety Monitor predicts worst case execution time of compute tasks and enables processes to execute within the required time envelope.
- Enables a system integrator to predict the worst-case execution time of executing compute processes in the system.
- Is ideal for a wide range of AI and compute-centric applications such as augmented vision systems, object detection and tracking via neural network inferencing, signal processing, image processing for degraded visual environments, security monitoring, encryption, ADAS applications and more.
- Facilitates the transition to safety certifiable Vulkan Compute from commercial OpenCL® or CUDA® and OpenCV through open source frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch & Caffe2.
- Designed from the ground up for real time and safety certification. Contains no open source components and no 3rd party software.
- Available with CertCore™26262/61508 (ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 Safety Package) and CertCore™178 (DO-178C / ED-12C Avionics) DAL A safety certification package.
Don’t see what you need? Please contact us at Sales@CoreAVI.com to determine if we can help support your certifiable application needs.